Admission to Prague Castle premises (valid from 1st April 2014)
Hours of operation for visitors at Prague Castle follow the Guidelines for Visitors (PDF, 24 kB).
Tours for visitors (types of tickets)
Prague Castle – Circuit A
St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, exhibition The Story of Prague Castle, St. George's Basilica, Golden Lane with Daliborka Tower, Powder Tower, Rosenberg Palace
Prague Castle – Circuit B
St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George's Basilica, Golden Lane with Daliborka Tower
Prague Castle – Circuit C
Exhibition The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle Picture Gallery
Exhibition The Story of Prague Castle
Exhibition The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral
Prague Castle Picture Gallery
Powder Tower – Exhibition of the Castle Guard
Great South Tower with a View Gallery
Admission Fee to Historical Premises of Prague Castle managed by Prague Castle Administration
|Type of ticket||Full admission||Discount (*)||Family admission (**)|
|Prague Castle – Circuit A||CZK 350||CZK 175||CZK 700|
|Prague Castle – Circuit B||CZK 250||CZK 125||CZK 500|
|Prague Castle – Circuit C||CZK 350||CZK 175||CZK 700|
|Exhibition The Story of Prague Castle||CZK 140||CZK 70||CZK 280|
|Prague Castle Picture Gallery||CZK 100||CZK 50||CZK 200|
|Powder Tower||CZK 70||CZK 40||CZK 140|
|Exhibition The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral||CZK 300||CZK 150||CZK 600|
|Great South Tower with a View Gallery||CZK 150||–||–|
- youths aged 6 – 16 (inclusive)
- secondary school and university students in full-time study until 26 (inclusive)
- seniors past 65 (inclusive)
** Family Admission:
- 1–5 children at the age of under 16 with max. 2 adults)
Discounts afforded only upon presentation of a valid card or full-time study paper.
Admission for Elementary School Classes
- Prague Castle (Circuit A + Prague Castle Picture Gallery) – Elementary school pupils (upon presentation of the list of names certified by the school), admission for max. 30 pupils + 2 accompanying persons CZK 150
- Nursery schools accompanied by a teacher (upon presentation of the list of names certified by the school)
- Children under the age of 6
- Disability Card holders (ZTP Card)
- Disability Card holders (ZTP-P Card) including one accompanying person
- Licenced EU guides with clients holding purchased tickets to castle buildings
Admission for journalists
(Please be advised: No exceptions will be granted)
Due to large number of attempts to abuse the press card, free admission for journalists is possible only upon previous written consent of the Press Department of Prague Castle. This consent must be requested in writing with at least a week`s advance via e-mail: email@example.com.
The request must include:
- In which medium the Castle will be mentioned
- The scope of medium (circulation, ratings etc.)
- The date of publishing
- Identification of the journalist
- First name and surname
- Number of press card
- Card expiration date
- Identification of the card publisher
Photographing of Interiors - Permit
- photographing is allowed only without flash or a tripod - CZK 50,-
- photographing is prohibited in exhibitions The Story of Prague Castle, The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral and in Prague Castle Picture Gallery
Tickets are valid for two days (the day of the purchase and the following day). Purchased tickets can not be refunded. Tickets are available in Information Centres of Prague Castle in the second and in the third courtyards, in the Prague Castle Picture Gallery, in the Old Royal Palace and at two ticket offices in the Golden Lane, in Lobkowicz Palace in the street of St. George. Tickets are also sold at ticket offices of TICKETPORTAL.
Tickets for concerts are sold at the ticket office in the Information Centre in the second courtyard of Prague Castle.
Tickets for the short-term exhibitions are sold directly in the exhibitions.
Château Park in Lany - admission fee
Single admission fee CZK 15,-
Ticket is valid for 1 day. Tickets are sold at the entrance gate of the park.
Free admission: Children under the age of six; Disability Card holders (ZTP Card); Disability Card holders including one accompanying person.
Tour Guide Services – tours with the professional guides of Prague Castle Administration
Professional tour guides of Prague Castle Administration - week days Monday - Saturday can be booked by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. number +420 224 373 208, +420 224 373 584).
Guided tours in foreign languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian
Guided tours last one hour and include: the St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Royal Palace.
All historical monuments (St. Vitus' Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, Basilica of St. George, Golden Lane with Daliborka Tower, Prague Castle Picture Gallery, exhibition "The Story of Prague Castle", exhibition "The Treasure of St. Vitus Cathedral", Powder Tower, Rosenberg Palace, Great South Tower of St. Vitus Cathedral) can be visited also individually with the possibility of guided tour.
Prices including VAT:
- Czech language: CZK 50,- per person per each commenced hour (min. CZK 200,- per tour)
- Other languages: CZK 100,- per person per each commenced hour (min. CZK 400,- per tour)
Audioguide includes detailed information about Prague Castle. The recording lasts more than 3 hours and provides information about both exteriors and interiors.
You can rent the Audioguide in Information Centers in the 2nd and the 3th Courtyard of Prague Castle during opening hours.
Recordings are available in the following languages: Czech, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian. All language versions are obtainable in each device so you can switch the language at your will.
Prices per 1 device including VAT:
- for 3 hours CZK 350
- for 1 day CZK 450