Act No. 114/1993 Coll. of March 24, 1993, on the Office of the President of the Republic
Modification: 224/1999 Coll.
Modification: 220/2000 Coll.
Modification: 49/2004 Coll.
Modification: 281/2004 Coll.
The Parliament has adopted the following Act of the Czech Republic:
(1) There has been established the Office of the President of the Republic (hereinafter referred to as the "Office").
(2) The Office is the budgetary organization with its separate Chapter in the state budget of the Czech Republic.
(1) The Office provides the matters connected with:
a) execution of powers of the President of the Republic provided under the Constitution of the Czech Republic, statutes and laws; and
b) formal duties and public activity of the President of the Republic.
(2) The Bureau shall pay the allowance and the versatile lump-sum compensation to the former President of the Republic and shall arrange for a vehicle with or without a driver for personal disposal, to an extent and under conditions stipulated in the special legal regulation. 1)
1) Act 48/2004 Coll., on the security of the President of the Republic after the expiration of the term of office.
(1) The Office exercises the right to manage the real property of the Czech Republic consisting of the area of Prague Castle, Lany Chateau and of the other real properties forming together a single operational unit and takes care thereof as of the seat of the President of the Republic; the Office exercises also the right to manage movable property connected with these real properties historically or functionally or associated with the activities of the Office. The specific laws on the provision of ownership shall not be affected by the foregoing. 1a)
(2) The Office may establish for performance of the tasks pursuant to para. 1 above institutions receiving contributions from the state budget. 2)
1a) E.g. Act No. 87/1991 Coll., on Out-of-Court Rehabilitations, as amended; Act No. 229/1991 Coll., on the Provision of Ownership in Relation to Land and Other Farming Property, as amended; Act No. 92/1991 Coll., On the Conditions of Transfer of the State Assets to Other persons, as amended.
2) Sections 31 & 32 of the Czech National Council Act No. 576/1990 Coll., on the Rules for the Management of Budgetary Means of the Czech Republic and Municipalities of the Czech Republic (Budgetary Rules).
(1) At the head of the Office is the manager of the Office appointed and recalled by the President of the Republic.
(2) The President stipulates the internal organization of the Office and the circle of its managerial staff to be appointed and recalled by the President.
(3) The salary and the compensation for work readiness of the Bureau employees shall be governed by a special legal regulation 2a) and the Bureau Salary Order.
(4) The Bureau Salary Order shall be issued by the Chief of the Bureau, with an approval of the President of the Republic.
2a) Act 143/1992 Coll., on payment and remuneration for work readiness in budgetary and some other organisations and authorities, as amended by subsequent regulations.
The Military Office of the President of the Republic is a military section of the Armed Forces of the Czech Republic. The tasks of the Military Office of the President of the Republic, appointments of and recalling its commander and his/her competence are provided by the specific legal provision. 3)
3) Act No. 219/1999 Coll., on Armed Forces of the Czech Republic
(1) Rights and obligations resulting from labour and other relations of the Office of the President of the Republic pass to the Office on the effective date of this Act.
(2) Institutions receiving contributions from the state budget established by the Office of the President of the Republic pursuant Art. III para. 2 of the Act of the Czech National Council No. 548/1992 Coll. are considered the institutions receiving contributions from the state budget established by the Office in accordance with this Act.
Cancelled hereby are as follows:
1. Act No. 135/1991 Coll., on the Office of the President of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic; and
2. Art. III of the Czech National Council Act No. 548/1992 Coll., on Certain Other Measures in the System of Central Bodies of the State Administration of the Czech Republic and on Establishment of the Office of the President of the Czech Republic.
This Act comes into effect on the date of its publication.